DIY How To Fix Broken Compact Powder | Makeup Hacks
Have you ever experienced that heart dropping moment when all of a sudden you drop your prized makeup, which gets shattered into pieces. Well, don’t worry, it happens to the best of us and here’s how you can fix them, making them look as new as ever, well sort of at least!
Here’s how you can fix you broken compact:
1. If your compact is broken in large pieces, break it further with a toothpick and make it more powdery.
2. Add surgical spirit to the powder,about 10 to 15 drops it needs to be damp and not floating. Surgical spirit is extremely pure and helps rebind the powder. Being a disinfectant, it won't change the properties of the makeup and also it evaporates quickly. Also it's easily available in the chemist.
3. Blend the powder using your fingers or the back of the spoon
4. Let it sit for about 2 minutes
5. Take a plastic wrap and any flat object to flatten the surface
6. Use a tissue paper to soak in excess of surgical spirit
7. Surgical spirit has a very strong smell so air out the compact overnight!
8. Clean the edges using a q-tip
It works for all powder products like eyeshadows, blush, so if you have any of these broken this quick fix will do it's magic.